Click Here for 2022 Riegel Ridge Summer Camp Brochure
Summer Camp 2022
Pre-School thru Teen Camp
Holland Township Residents: $214 per week
Non-Residents (those residing outside of Holland Township): $254 per week
Pre-School Sprout Camp Half Day Program
Half Day Program Holland Township Residents: $175
Half Day Program Non-Residents: $199
Our summer camp program will run for eight weeks June 20th – August 12th
Summer camp Registration begins Monday, March 7, 2022
We are looking forward to Riegel Ridge Summer Camp 2022! As we prepare for another summer, please be assured that your child’s safety is our number one priority. We will continue to monitor local and national guidelines to ensure we meet and exceed the most current recommendations for summer camp.
The Riegel Ridge Summer camp is now an ACA accredited camp. The summer camp staff diligently worked year round to meet the below standards and to ensure that our camp is a safe environment for your children.
American Camp Association Accreditation… what does it mean for your campers?
ACA assures parents that the camp has had a regular, independent safety audit that exceeds basic state licensing requirements. Accreditation assures parents that camp practices have been measured against national standards. Because accreditation is voluntary, parents know the camp is committed to following best practices. Indeed, ACA accreditation is the best evidence that the camp is committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment for children. Currently, only 25-30 percent of all camps are ACA accredited and Riegel Ridge Summer Camp is only the second municipally run camp in the NY & NJ area to receive accreditation.
Accreditation is an educational process – providing training, guidelines, programs, and publications for camp directors and staff. The ACA accreditation program has a 50 year history and is continually evaluated and updated to reflect current best practices in camps.
At least once every three years, an outside team of trained professionals observes the camp in session to verify compliance with over 300 standards. Accreditation standards cover all aspects of camp operation including:
- Site and Food Service: Fire protection, food service, sleeping quarters, utility and maintenance systems.
- Transportation: Procedures concerning drivers, vehicles, and traffic on site.
- Health and Wellness: Staff qualifications, facilities requirements, record keeping, storage and distribution of medicines, contact information, health forms.
- Operational Management: Safety regulations, emergency communication systems, procedures for intruders, personal property regulations.
- Human Resources: Staff qualifications, screening and training, supervision ratios, and procedures.
- Program Activities: Aquatics, adventure/challenge, trips, horseback riding, staff qualifications for special programs.
We are proud of our staff and the program that we run here at the Riegel Ridge Summer Camp.
Riegel Ridge Summer Camp is proud to partner with Land’s End to offer you and your camper quality logo camp gear. You can purchase t-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants and much more with the Riegel Ridge Summer Camp logo. Check it out today